The Family Assistance Center Exercise scheduled for January 25th has been rescheduled.
There will be a Family Assistance Center Tabletop Exercise on Thursday March 2nd from 9AM until 1130AM in Rooms 4/5 of the Hendricks County Government Center 355 S. Washington St Danville. IN. If you are interested and can attend, please follow the link https://app.betterimpact.com/Login/Login to sign in as an opportunity.
Hendricks County Crisis Response Team (HCCRT) is Sponsoring
NOVA Community Crisis Response Team Training
March 2d, 3d, & 4th 8:30 am – 5:30 pm
Messiah Lutheran Church, 801 S Green St, Brownsburg, IN 46112
The Hendricks County Crisis Response Team’s (HCCRT) purpose is to provide trauma mitigation and education in the aftermath of a critical incident (as explained in NOVA CRT), and to provide critical incident debriefing and support for first responders. This national NOVA training is required to join the Hendricks County CRT and is also required to be a part of the broader I-CART (Indiana-Crisis Assistance Response Team) call out process as well.
To learn more about NOVA, visit www.tryNOVA.org. I-CART and HCCRT are completely volunteer driven organizations, and our community services are free of charge. To learn more about I-CART and this training, visit www.i-cart.org.
The 24-hours of intensive training will be led by NOVA-Certified Crisis Response Trainers: Rev. Gerry Griffith and Kim Walton, MSN, APRN. Educational material will be shared in lecture and group discussion formats on the following topics:
- The Crisis Response
- The Trauma Response
- Crisis Intervention
- Critical Information on Death Notification, Death, Dying and Loss
- Age, Cultural & Spiritual Perspectives in regard to trauma
- Children and Elder’s Crisis Response
- Post Trauma Response
- Serving as a member of a Crisis Response Team
- The registration fee is $100.00, due in check or cash at the beginning of class.
- Should you not live in Hendricks County the registration fee is $300.00 unless you join the MRC and respond to CRT callouts. Then the $100.00 will be the cost
- Registration cutoff is 2/10/2023, and space is limited to 25, so register early. here